Snippets from the life of a 20 something girl living the big city corporate life...

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Holiday Homework!

Years after managing to crawl out of school god decided to punish me for not doing my holiday homework seriously. He sent my cousin nephew who happens to be in class 1 to me for doing the homework.

Minutes lates i see myself drowning in piles of glitter glue, colourful paper and fevicol...and the kiddo is enjoying the cheetos and cartoons on Pogo!!!

NOT FAIR!!!! ITS HIS HOMEWORK NOT MINE! HE IS SUPPOSED TO LEARN NOT ME!!!!!!

Never the less, it was fun to get back to those stickers, scissors and crazy ideas. Crayons, colours, glitters and paints.

I wonder what is the relevance of holiday homework now...coz parents want their kids to not waste any time on doing it and yet have the best project in place and kids dont care about it as long as someone will do it for them nicely. Born Managers...and Upward delegation runs in their blood i guess.

My nephews projects shall be the best in his class, sadly he has no clue what went into making them. I wish he gets to do more such stuff on the basis of this homework! > :-D in school...mwahahahahaha
I hate spoilt kids! I hate it when my mom asks me to help (read do the entire thing) for others when they dont even deserve it.

THEY ATE MY WHOLE SUNDAY!!!

NO MORE HOLIDAY HOMEWORK FOR ME PLEASEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)


Pranshu

5:28 PM

 
Blogger Tinky Toinkers said...

:)
you are talking to someone who has been doing said work for warped cousins for the past decade or so.
Aiyo! you think i am deprived or something?

3:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh you make me see my future!!! :|

11:12 PM

 
Blogger Naina said...

Pranshu - yea rite...smile at my drudgery

Toinks - U are my GURUMAAAA...pls pls save my soul!!! No more HOLIDAY HOMEWORK...my boss goes on week long vacation and gives me holiday homework too!!!

B - come live it too honey...next time he comes i shall send the car for u :-P

12:11 AM

 
Blogger Tinky Toinkers said...

aila. shoot boss. hide gun. wear beautific smile. go to office. work on homework. simple.

11:43 AM

 
Blogger N said...

LOL... funny! I grew up with 2 younger sisters and 2 younger bros and a rather large assortment of nieces and nephews, and I know exactly what's it like.

But I'm a fast learner, and soon discovered ways to get them involved and make them do the majority of the work. :D

But hey, don't tell me you didn't enjoy it all. I quite enjoy myself (don't tell them that though)!

11:10 PM

 
Blogger N said...

LOL... funny! I grew up with 2 younger sisters and 2 younger bros and a rather large assortment of nieces and nephews, and I know exactly what's it like.

But I'm a fast learner, and soon discovered ways to get them involved and make them do the majority of the work. :D

But hey, don't tell me you didn't enjoy it all. I quite enjoy myself (don't tell them that though)!

11:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, I do my nephews' holiday homework too :P

But u r right the relevance of holiday homework is questionable. If handy relatives are not available, then there are project makers / projects available in the market for a nominal price.

Thankfully, this year my nephew is a bit older, so there was an option to do them on ppt presentation as well.

10:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home