Snippets from the life of a 20 something girl living the big city corporate life...

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Gurupoornima

Tomorrow is Gurupoornima.
Its like the greatest day for disciples, to thank their Guru's for the blessings, guidence and protection.

To read more about the essence of the day - http://sanatan.org

I dont know who's my Gurudev, I hope to know someday :-) All i know is the blessings are there, sometimes i see them, on others they dissapear.

Simple prayer at His Holy Feet

Jya Jya thikani man jaye majhe
tya tya thikani nij roop tujhe
me thevito mastak jya thikani
thethe tujhe sadguru pay donhe
Shri gurve namaha, Shri gurve namaha, Shri gurve namaha

Meaning-

Each and every place that my mind wanders
may it find your essence there Gurudeva
Each and Every place i bow my head
may it find your holy feet Gurudeva
PLease guide me, please protect me, please inspire me!

3 Comments:

Blogger n.g. said...

what do u about gurus who leave you behind and never look back to see what happenned to you?

8:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i realised one day that my ex-boss held a place close to 'guru-dom'....seriously! and i told him that and he was terribly flattered. hehe but on a serious note, you never know where you'll find a 'guru' kind of influence in your life :)
thanks a lot for coming by...see ya around more!

11:06 AM

 
Blogger Naina said...

Gurudev never LEAVES u behind. Either we like children snatch our hand away and run on the road, or the relationship matures enough to take more subtle forms.

Dont be stuck in the physical form of Guru. Faces may change, the source may differ, but the element remains the same! The essence and blessings of Gurudev shall never leave.

10:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home